The qTest Web Explorer extends the capabilities of the Explorer to the browser, allowing for Web testing across most popular desktop Operating Systems (Windows, Mac, etc.). It’s a web extension with the capability to record tester activities in the browser just like the Explorer Integrated Edition. It will offer support for the most popular browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.
Web Explorer is available for Enterprise package and can be downloaded from qTest's Resources page.
2. New Features:
- Supports the basic recording mode (record an entire testing session)
- Allow users to add new session or run a planned session that was created from within the Sessions tab of qTest
- Allow users to add note(s) and change time type(s) during recording
- Allow users to view an in progress session during recording
- Capture engine supports the following frameworks: Dojo, jQuery and HTML
3. Known Bugs and Limitations:
Below is the list of known limitations with external tracker integration and capability to capture specific frameworks.
- Capture engine
- Cannot capture dropdown list of standard combo box
- Firefox: cannot capture window different than the current one
- Un-recognized UI controls will be captured with generic description such as ‘Click here’ or ‘Type here’.