qTest Explorer version 126.96.36.199 - Release Notes
Version 188.8.131.52 - 184.108.40.206 – Integrated Edition (May 15, 2014)
Copyright ©2014 QASymphonyLLC. (http://www.qasymphony.com)
qTest Explorer – Integrated Edition is a qTest add-on that can be downloaded from qtestnet.com and installed on a Windows machine. This add-on is a complete capture application that captures users’ activities as mouse clicks or data entries and generates intelligent narrations of users’ actions with screenshots that can be submitted to qTest as defects or test cases.
In the latest version, Explorer is equipped with TestPad, which enables the users to execute scripted test cases and have execution results reported back to qTest’s test suite in real time.
qTest Explorer supports the capture of single and multiple applications at the same time, so you won’t capture screens outside the application(s) under test. Additionally, users can save the trace file and append the next session to the previous, picking up where they left off after the last session. The qTest eXplorer editor provides versatile tools to annotate the screenshots and provide detailed feedback to the development organization.
The outputs can be exported into various formats such as Word or PDF for review by developers without an Explorer license. Additionally, these files can be submitted directly to other popular trackers beside qTest, such as JIRA.
- qTest Explorer add-on is available for any user of an active qTest instance with this option enabled. Please visit your Administration page, and the Manage Subscripton section to enable qTest Explorer for your organization.
- For pricing, please visit our website.
- Both qTest Explorer integrated versions 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168 are compatible with qTest version 2.0.0. Please use qTest Explorer version 22.214.171.124 if you are using qTest 1.0 OnPremise version. Visit www.qtestnet.com for download links.
- Integrated Explorer Test Pad to execute qTest's Test Runs with Explorer recording sessions and submit test logs into qTest seamlessly.
- Enhancement of the capture engine to support the latest Chrome version and other applications.
- Improvement of the defect submission workflow for a better overall user experience.
- Added new options for more user control over Explorer operation.
- Bug fixes for increasing stability.
- Fully integrated with qTest:
- Explorer can be launched directly by executing a qTest Test run / Test suite.
- qTest tracker integration settings will be synced to Explorer and the defect submission will be automatically set with the synced connection – no need to add and update connections to bug trackers in multiple locations.
- User’s credentials and Test run / Test suite information will be sent to the Explorer TestPad:
- View Test runs’ details and test steps.
- Change Test run and Test step status.
- View/Edit actual result of a test step.
- View/Download attachments of test case/test step.
- Upload files as resources of test log.
- View/Edit notes of test log.
- Submit a defect.
- Save a test log.
- Load last run result.
- Complete defect submission form allowing submission directly to qTest.
- Enhanced defect submission workflow.
- Combine Submit Options window and Submit to Tracker window into a single submission form.
- Defects can be submitted from Add Note window.
- Defect details can be generated from Test case details or Session trace’s details.
- Changed Settings window:
- Add option to merge all actions of a screen as a step of the test case in General tab.
- Add Submission tab to allow user to set attachment format in defect by default.
Crash qTest Explorer when submitting test case (fixed in version 126.96.36.199).
Below is the list of known limitations with external tracker integration and capability to capture specific frameworks.
- Integrations with external defect trackers
- Submit defects to Rally: You can select a owner who doesn't have proper permission on the selected project for the defect submission to Rally. The submission is successful but the owner is unable to view the defect in Rally
- Submit defects to Fogbugz:
- Cannot retrieve custom fields from FogBugz.
- Cannot set value for field “Notify More Users” and this field is excluded from defect submission to FogBuz.
- Submit defects to HP Quality Center (HPQC):
- Cannot submit defect with dependent fields that need to be verified
- Parent fields do not remain on top of child fields with dependent fields.
- Only supports custom fields’ dependency between dropdown – dropdown list.
- If dependency settings on qTest Explorer are different to settings in HPQC, the defect can be submitted to HPQC but the values in dependent fields are not exact as HPQC’s settings.
- Submit defects to Bugzilla: Does not support special characters
- Submit defects to qTest:
- Return 400 Bad Request error when submitting test case with attachment to qTest version 1.x.
- Show 404 Not Found error when submitting defect to qTest version 1.x.
- Submit defects to VersionOne: Does not support special characters
- Submit defects to TFS2010:
- Displays “Field Name” instead of “Display Name” of the fields.
- Cannot get “TreePath” control type. The textbox for the fields with TreePath control type is displayed instead.
- Submit defects to Jira:
- Cannot add custom field if JIRA’s version is earlier than v4.4.x.
- Fields settings are lost after upgraded qTest Explorer from v2.5.0 or earlier versions to v2.5.1.
- Capture Engine
- The Control Panel in the Dependent mode only supports the capture mode of Session.
- jQuery: DO NOT recognize any controls on IE8 - Windows Vista.
- Capture scrolling window feature does not work on Chrome 33.
- WPF: Date Picker control – Can capture steps but not image of DatePicker control on WinXP.
- WPF: Rich Text box control – Cannot capture content in RichText box.
- MFC: Tab control – CANNOT capture tab name.
- WinForm: Picture box control – Captures picture box control as “Click here”
- SWT: ExpandBar control – Captures expandbar control as "Click here”.
- SWT: Slider control – Captures slider as “Click here”.
- Swing: SplitPane control – Captures the control as “Click here”.
- Swing: Jtable control – CANNOT capture content.
- Extended monitor: Incorrect image captured when taskbar has two rows, a part of taskbar is included in the images.
- Capture console – Cannot capture context menu & dialog on Win XP and Vista.
- Capture entire text on notepad or text area
- Displays captured value in Chinese characters when recording notepad ++
- Un-recognized UI controls will be captured with generic description such as "Click here" or "Type here".
- For qTest Explorer to recognize actions on controls of recorded application properly, user should install the updated package from Microsoft for Win XP and Vista (see more details at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971513).
- For Win 8.0 and Win 8.1, qTest Explorer CANNOT load Test Pad on Chrome. See instruction to manually fix it.
- CANNOT capture hotkey combinations:
- Only numbers (e.g.1, 2…) or only letters (e.g. a, b…)
- Alt + (e.g. Alt + R)
- Alt + Shift + (e.g. Alt + Shift + C)