Please follow the steps below to create an integration of Feature/Scenario with qTest Manager:
- Go to qTest Integration Settings, select your JIRA connection and configure it.
- Scroll down to the Feature/Scenario Integration section. Note: this section only appears on the JIRA configuration screen if your JIRA has an active qTest Scenario plugin.
- Activate the Feature/Scenario integration and create status mapping
- Click Add Project button and select your JIRA project from the drop down list
- Save & Activate your new update
- Click Retrieve Feature/Scenario button on the top of the section to retrieve Feature/Scenario of all JIRA projects in the list or you can retrieve Feature/Scenario of individual JIRA projects by clicking on Retrieve icon in Action column
Import Scenarios as Test Cases
- After Retrieving progress is executed successfully, you will see a new folder Imported From Scenario under Test design module.
- The Features in JIRA will be converted to Test cases in qTest.
- The Scenarios in JIRA will be converted to Test steps in qTest.
- Description and Test steps of the Test cases converted from Features are read-only.
- If a Feature is linked to a Story in JIRA which is retrieved to qTest as a Requirement, then the Test case (which is converted from that Feature) is also linked to the Requirement on qTest.
Import Scenario Run Status
- After Retrieving progress is executed successfully, you will see new Test cycles and Test runs from Scenario under the Test execution module.
- Test suite: each day of execution will become a Test suite in qTest.
- Test cycle: each Host (in Progress Tracker report) will become a Test cycle in qTest.
- Release: user specifies the execution release in Maven (please refer to here), if the Release is not specified, Test runs will be put under Root.
- Test case version: each time a Feature in qTest Scenario is executed, if its content is changed (compare to the last execution); a baseline version of that Feature (including all scenario contents) will be created. Then that Feature version will become a test case version in qTest.
Apply Gherkin to Test Cases
For qTest integration function, descriptions and steps of qTest test cases which synchronized from qTest Scenario feature are now decorated with Gherkin style.