In this guide we'll run you through upgrading qTest Manager from 8.1.5 to 8.4 on a single CentOS/ Ubuntu machine using Docker.
Before you begin
- If you are using qTest Manager older than 8.1.5, you will need to use qTest Docker Deployment version 3.0 to upgrade your qTest to 8.1.5 following these instructions. Then use qTest Docker Deployment version 4.0 to upgrade your qTest Manager to 8.4.4
Upgrade qTest Manager from 8.1.5 to 8.4.4
1. Shutdown your current deployment
Access to the directory where you've extracted the docker deployment package of qTest Manager 8.1.5 (docker-deployment-3.0), shut it down and create a backup.
2. Download docker-deloyment-4.0 package
This package supports the upgrade of qTest Manager from version 8.1.5 qTest version 8.4
3. Extract the package
$ tar -zxf docker-deployment-4.0.tar.gz
4. Access to docker-deployment-4.0 directory
$ cd docker-deployment-4.0
Choose either way:
- To keep all applications in your previous deployment being upgraded, override the /profiles directory of docker-deployment-4.0 with that directory of docker-deployment-3.0
$ cp -r /<path to your docker-deployment-3.0 package>/docker-deloyment-3.0/profiles/ .
- OR use configure command if you want to specify each application to be upgraded (for HTTP)
$ ./configure --qtest-url "http://<IP of current machine>:<qtest port>" --qtest-http "<qtest port>"
- OR use configure command if you want to specify each application to be upgraded (for HTTPS)
$ ./configure --ssl-key "<SSL Key>" --ssl-cert "<SSL Cert>" --ssl-ca "<SSL Ca>" --qtest-url "https://<IP of current machine>:<qtest https port>" --qtest-https "<qtest https port>"
6. Migrate DB from Postgres 9.4 to Postgres 9.5
Upgrading will keep all current data of upgraded applications.
8. After the upgrading process finishes, start the deployment process
The script will download the application images and qTest components to the Docker. It may take a couple of hours depending on your network connection.