In this article, we'll run you through how to installing and configuring prerequisite applications before you install qTest Manager 8.4.4 on Windows machine. There are 3 required applications: PostgreSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ.
1. Install PostgreSQL 9.5
Follow this here to install Postgres
2. Configure PostgreSQL
Once PostgreSQL is installed, follow steps below to enable remote access to PostgreSQL database server:
2.1 Open file C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.5\data\pg_hba.conf.
2.2 Edit the file and append the following line to specify the IP of the server which will remotely connect to your PostgreSQL. This should be the server where qTest packages are installed.
- If you want to allow connection from multiple client machines on a specific network, specify the network address here in the CIDR-address format
- If you want your PostgreSQL to accept all incoming connections regardless of the source IP address, use 0.0.0.0/0 as the IP address
host all all [IP_Address] md5
2.3 Open file C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.5\data\postgresql.conf. Append the following line:
listen_addresses = '*'
1. Download Redis 2.8.19
Download Redis 2.8.19 from this link
2. Configure Redis
After you have downloaded the package, extract it to a folder on your machine. For example: C:\redis-2.8.17.
In the extracted folder, open file redis.windows.conf. Search for and update the following line:
2.1 # maxheap
- Remove the # and specify a max heap size.
- The size is half the volume of your server RAM. For example, if my server's RAM is 8GB, then:
2.2 # heapdir
- Remove the # and specify your directory path.
- The directory's free space should be larger than (RAM + 2*maxheap). For example:
heapdir "D:\Redis Heap"
2.3 Install Redis
- Open your console. Change the current path to C:\redis-2.8.17. Execute the following command:
C:\redis-2.8.17>redis-server --service-install redis.windows.conf --loglevel verbose
- Then start the service:
- Default Redis port is 6379. Make sure that the port is available. Click here for the instruction to check which ports are available.
- Make sure that the port is not blocked by your firewall.
To check if Redis has been installed successfully on your machine:
- From "Start\Search box", enter services.msc, then press Enter button.
- From Services windows, check if Redis is running.
RabbitMQ is required to be installed in case you want to deploy qTest Manager with load balancing. Otherwise, please skip this section.
1. Install Erlang
Download and install Erlang following this article
2. Install RabbitMQ 3.5.4
Download RabbitMQ 3.5.4 here
3. Configure RabbitMQ
Once RabbitMQ is installed, follow steps below to configure it:
3.1 Open command prompt and navigate to [RabbitMQ_Installation_Directory]\sbin\. For example: C:\Program Files (x86)\RabbitMQ Server\rabbitmq_server-3.5.4\sbin
3.2 Execute these 2 commands:
rabbitmq-plugins enable rabbitmq_stomp rabbitmq-plugins enable rabbitmq_management
3.3 Open your browser and navigate to http://localhost:15672.
Login with username and password as guest/guest.
3.4 Navigate to Admin tab and select Users panel.
Expand Add a user section and add a new user.
3.5 Select Virtual Hosts panel.
- Expand Add a new virtual host section.
- Enter a host name and click on Add virtual host to add a new host.
3.6. Expand All virtual hosts section.
Click on the virtual host which you have created in the above step to grant users the access.
3.7. Expand Permissions section.
- Select the user whom you have created in step #2.4.
- Input. * in Configure regexp, Write regexp and Read regexp as the image below.
- Click on Set permission button to grant the access.
3.8 Navigate to Overview tab.
- Expand Port and contexts section.
- Note down amqp port and stomp port. You will need to use them while installing qTest Manager