An Automation Agent integrates a qTest project with an automation framework. From qTest, the Automation Agent will schedule and kick off automation scripts that are in the configured directory. After the tests are executed, the agent will collect the automated test logs and test steps logs to post to qTest Test Execution.
Install the Framework Plugin
Currently, qTest supports 5 types of frameworks: TestNG, jUnit, Cucumber, JBehave, and UFT. Each supported framework requires a different plugin. This plugin can be downloaded from the Host Configuration screen. Follow the steps below to install the plugin for your framework and create an Automation Agent.
- Login to qTest from the machine in which the Automation Host is installed and navigate to the project you wish to integrate with automation.
- From the Host Configuration screen, you can see a list of supported automation frameworks and the statuses indicate if their corresponding plugins have been downloaded.
- Select your desired plugin and click on Download icon to download and install it.
- After the plugin has been installed, its status changed to Installed. You can click on Delete icon to remove the plugin. After it is removed, its status is changed to Downloaded.the plugin has been installed, you are ready to create the agent. Click on + Add button.
Configure the Agent
The Agent Configuration pop-up will appear. The pop-up may vary according to the selected framework. Please see following instructions to configure your agents:
- Configure TestNG Agent
- Configure jUnit Agent
- Configure Cucumber Agent
- Configure JBehave Agent
- Configure UFT Agent
Edit Agent Configuration
- To modify an agent's configurations, click on its Edit icon. The Agent Configuration pop-up will appear. Click on Save button on the pop-up after you have done modifying configurations.
- To remove an agent, click on its Delete icon.
- Click on the icon in Active column to change an agent's status from active to inactive, and vice versa.
View Execution Log of Agent
- You can view an agent's logs of all executions within a day. At the end of the day, logs within this day will be wiped out.
- Select your desired agent and click on its Log icon.
- In the pop-up that appears, you can view logs in three tabs:
- Console Log: Any logs of your coding project while it was running.
- Console Error Log: Any error logs of your coding project while it was running.
- Agent Log: Logs of the agent while it was executing your coding project.