In this guide we'll run you through installing qTest Parameters 1.1 on a Windows Machine
Before you begin
Before you install qTest Parameters 1.1, make sure following things are done:
- Your machine needs to satisfy qTest's recommended hardware requirement
- qTest Manager 8.4.4 has been deployed
- MongoDB 3.2.11 has been installed with replication. Follow these instructions to install MongoDB on your machine.
- After installing MongoDB, follow these steps to create root user and start Mongo service with replica.
- To start MongoDB Service, run the command:
- Add new root user:
roles: [ "root" ]
- Stop Mongo service and start Mongo service with replica:
mongod --replSet "rs0"
- Run mongo, initiate()
Install qTest Parameters 1.1
1. Download qTest Parameters installation package
Click this link to download the installation package
2. Extract the package
Access the directory "\qtestctl-1.0-windows-x64\qtestctl"
3. Modify the configure file
Open the file \qtestctl\qtest.config and follow instructions below to modify it.
Specify port and log path for Parameters application
Specify host, authentication information (db, user, pass) to access your Mongo DB, set "replSet" parameter to the replica set you've defined while installing your MongoDB
5. Access to /qtestctl directory via command line and install qTest Parameters
C:\[path_to_qtesctl]>start "testing" /D <installation path>\qtestctl /B "qtestctl.bat" start > <path to output log file>
That's everything and you now have qTest Parameters being installed and started.
Now, you need to connect it to your qTest Manager, access to your qTest Manger and follow steps in the section "Set up qTest Parameters"
Set up qTest Parameters
Access your Administration page
Under System Configuration page, scroll to Parameters section and enter Parameters URL
http://<IP of the machine where you installed qTest Parameters>:<Parameters port which you've specified in the config file>
Test Connection and save the configuration.
That's it! You now can access qTest Parameters via its option in 9box icon