To submit automated execution results back to qTest Manager, make sure to activate the automation integration feature within your qTest Manager project. This step is required regardless of which automation integration offerings you choose to leverage:
- APIs and SDKs
- eggPlant Integration
- Test Automation Scheduling: TestNG, jUnit, Cucumber, JBehave, UFT
- CI Integration: Jenkins and Bamboo
NOTE: Turning on automation integration settings and mapping execution results requires Project Admin permission.
Turn on Automation Integration Settings
To activate Automation Integration Settings for a qTest Project, follow these steps:
- Select the Gear icon in the top header.
- In the drop-down select Automation Settings.
- The "Automation Settings" page displays. Select the Integration tab.
- Switch on Activation Status using the toggle.
Map Automation Status to Test Run Status
After Automation Integration is turned on for your project, make sure to map your Automation Statuses to qTest Manager statuses:
- In the "Automation Settings" page, select + Add Mapping.
- Input the Automation Status in the left column.
- Select one of qTest' Manager's statuses in the right column.
- You can select the Delete icon to delete an existing mapping.
- Select Save.
Example to Map Statuses for UFT Test Automation Scheduling
PASSED, FAILED, DONE and WARNING are UFT’s default values and will report to the Test Step level. PASS and FAIL are the agent values and will report to Test Log level following this logic:
- If there is no FAILED step, the Test Log is PASS
- Otherwise, the Test Log is FAIL
If you are using Tosca, you can integrate a qTest Project with a Tosca Workspace by converting your manual qTest Test Cases to Tosca Automation Test Cases.
The Tosca Workspace URL used below, is defined through the Tosca Commander REST Webservice (TCRS). Installation and configuration instructions for the TCRS can be found here.
Note: Each qTest Project can be integrated with one Tosca Workspace.
- In the qTest Project, you want to turn on Tosca Integration, select the Gear icon in the top header.
- Select Automation Settings from the drop-down.
- In the Automation Settings page, turn on the Tosca Integration toggle to activate.
- In the Tosca Integration section, enter the:
- Tosca Workspace URL