Filter Test Sessions
From the Sessions home page, you can filter test sessions from projects that you are working on using queries.
There are 3 categories of queries:
1. System Queries
Queries for basic filtering and cannot be deleted. However, you can clone these queries to My Queries or Team Queries using Save As functionality. There are three built-in system queries:
- My Assigned Sessions: filters sessions that are assigned to you within current project
- All Sessions: filters all sessions belong to the current project
- Sessions By Assignee: filters sessions that are assigned to at least one user within current project
2. My Queries
Queries are that created and managed by current logged in user. Queries that belongs to this category cannot be seen by other users of current project.
3. Team Queries
Queries that are shared to all members of current project. All project members can view, edit, run and even delete queries in this category.
When you access to Session home page for the first time, the query named All Sessions inside System Queries category will be executed by default. When you execute other query, the last executed query will be remembered and will be automatically executed when you access to Sessions home page next time.
Create a new query
Click on '+' icon next to My Queries categories
In Create Query dialog, perform below steps to create a new query
- Name: enter a unique name for your query
- Team Queries: check to this check box if you want to share your newly created query with your project team member
- Criteria: compose a list of criteria that will be executed when you run this query
- Click Create button to finish creating new query
Below screenshot show an example of creating a new query
Edit an existing query
To edit an existing query, click on the edit icon next to the query name or click on the View/Edit button on the right of Query Summary field
On View/Edit Query dialog, edit the query to fit your own need and click on Save button to complete your editing. Example below shows how the previously created query is edited with a new clause added.
Save As a query
To Save As a query, click on Save As icon next to the query or click on Save As button on the right of Query Summary field
You can also click on Save As button on a View/Edit Query dialog
System will open Save Query As dialog for you to:
- Enter a new name for your query
- Optionally decide whether you want to share this new query to the team by checking to the checkbox Team Queries
- Click Save to create a new query based on this existing query.
Delete a query
You can delete queries in either My Queries or Team Queries category. Todo that, click on Trash icon next to the query name or click on Delete button on the right of Query Summary field
You can also delete a query on its View/Edit Query dialog
To customize session view, click on Customize View then select fields you want to show or hide in session list. To restore the view to default, click on Restore Defaults link in Customize View pop up.
The Sessions module contains high-level reporting of all planned vs actual session time. This way, you can measure time allocation around all qTest projects.
For more reporting capabilities, you can use qTest Insights to create custom reports, charts, and graphs around you session activity.