qTest features Automation Scheduling which allows users to schedule and kick off automation tests that reside on your local machine and report the results of these tests back to qTest Test Execution.
- Cucumber for Java
- JBehave for Java
- Activate Automation Integration settings in your qTest project and map the automation execution statuses to qTest status values.
- Install and Register the Automation Host. Download the link from the qTest Resources Page onto the machine where your automation scripts are deployed.
- Install the Automation Agent in your Automation Host. An automation host includes multiple automation agents. An agent integrates ONE qTest project with ONE automation framework and ONE scripting directory.
- In the Agent Configuration pop-up input configurations based on your framework:
- Create your automation Test Cases in qTest Test Design. You can either manually create the test cases in Test Design or instead, the agent can scan your scripting directory, detect test cases, and automatically create them in qTest.
- Create your automation Test Runs using the qTest Test Execution UI.
- Schedule Test Runs in qTest Test Execution UI. Automation agent(s) will poll schedule(s) from qTest and automatically execute your automation tests. The automated test logs will be collected and pushed back to qTest. You can view the existing schedules and their statuses inside the Schedules area of Automation Integration Settings.