The qTest Web Explorer extends the capabilities of the explorer to the browser, allowing for Web testing across most popular desktop Operating Systems (Windows, Mac, etc.). It’s a web extension with the capability to record tester activities in the browser just like the Explorer Integrated Edition. It will offer support for the most popular browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.
Web Explorer is available for Enterprise package and can be downloaded from qTest's Resources page.
2. New Features:
- Login form: Add "Remember Me" option so that users do not have to enter qTest URL, email & password each time they login
- Start Session dialog: Memorize the user's previous selected project to save him (her) the trouble of navigating to it next time
- Complete Session: When clicking Complete Session, the dialog is closed and the Web Explorer icon on browser is changed to indicate the uploading process. The Session Editor will not be opened anymore
3. Known Bugs and Limitations:
Below is the list of known limitations with external tracker integration and capability to capture specific frameworks.
- Cannot submit defect to JIRA and qTest on IE10
- Capture engine
- Cannot capture dropdown list of standard combo box
- Firefox: cannot capture window different than the current one
- Un-recognized UI controls will be captured with generic description such as ‘Click here’ or ‘Type here’.