qTest Web Explorer allows for web testing across the most popular operating systems (Windows, Mac, and Linux). This web extension records tester activities on the browser, including Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. Web Explorer is available for Enterprise and Elite packages and can be downloaded from qTest's Resources page.
2. New Features:
- Record Video/Audio: When screen shots and test steps are not enough to capture testing activity, Explorer also records dictated comments and visual interactions in the form of a Video/Audio media file
- Hotkeys for Screen Capture: Allows users to quickly take screen snapshot during session recording
- Domain Restriction: This setting allows users to specify which web domain to be included/excluded in recording
3. Known Bugs and Limitations:
Below is the list of known limitations with external tracker integration and ability to capture specific frameworks:
- Capture engine
- Cannot capture dropdown list of standard combo box
- Firefox: cannot capture window different than the current one
- Un-recognized UI objects will be captured with generic description such as ‘Click here’ or ‘Type here’.