Create Sub-Task Scenarios
Please follow the below steps to create a new test Scenario.
- Go to Jira and open the Feature ticket to which you want to add the new Scenario.
- Click the More on sub-menu bar and select Create Sub-Task.
- Select the qTest Scenario Scenario from the Issue Type drop down and click Create.
- The newly created Scenario will be displayed under the Sub-Tasks section of selected Feature ticket at step 1.
Create Inline Scenarios
- Scenarios inside features
- Scenarios inside JIRA User Story
Scenarios Inside Features
Create Scenarios in JIRA User Story
Users are able to embed inline feature content into selected issue types for each Jira project, such as a User Story.
- Select issue types in qTest Scenario settings page
- Manipulate inline features in the selected issue types
The user now can add new/link features as well as create/update child scenarios inside a Jira story.
While writing Given/When/Then statements for a scenario in Gherkin editor, users are able to refer to contents of other scenarios in the same project by hitting Ctrl+Space. Corresponding statements which start with the current input will be listed out for selection.
View Scenario Test Logs
The execution results of a Scenario are recorded under Test Logs section of that Scenario.
To see the Test Logs of a Scenario:
- Open the Scenario ticket in Jira.
- Scroll down to the Test Logs section
- Host: Use the IP address of the machine to execute the Scenario.
- Type: Automated or Manual.
- Date: Time stamp of execution.
- Status: Execution result: Passed/Failed or Incomplete.
- Action: Delete a Test Log.