This article shows how to create and manage your BDD features in JIRA.
Please follow the following steps to create a new Feature:
- Go to the Jira Menu bar and click Create.
- Select the relevant Project and select qTest Scenario Feature from Issue Type drop down and enter other required information. Click Create.
- Open the newly created ticket and scroll down to the Feature section.
- Click to add Feature tags Feature details.
Import .Feature Files
- Go to Jira and select the qTest Scenario > Feature Import option from Menu bar.
- You will see with this screen. Enter your Project name and select files (as shown here):
- Once you have entered the Project and selected feature files, click Import.
- After the Feature Importing is completed, system will show the Import Result as below:
- On this screen, you can click on the Key ID hyperlink to open the newly created qTest Scenario Feature.
- On Import Result screen (step 4), if you want to import other Feature files, just click on Import Other Files button. Or you can click Open Imported Issues to view the imported Feature under Filters section of Jira.
Export .Feature Files
- Open the qTest Scenario Feature ticket that you want to export from Jira.
- Click the Export Feature File button on the top right corner of the screen.
- Click the "Click here to download feature file" link on the Export Feature File pop-up.
- Select folder you want to export the Feature file to.
- Open the exported Feature file to view the content.
Feature Execution Status
After a Feature has been run, the system will show the Execution Tracking pane with a running result. This pane is not shown if the Feature has not been run yet.
- Open the Feature ticket in Jira and see the Execution Tracking pane on the left-hand side.
- Click the Details hyperlink if you want to see the results.