Access Session Editor
In the sessions grid, you can review a Completed session by click on the session ID link. This will bring you to the session editor that contains all recorded data from your test session.
Session Editor Overview
The session editor provides a place to debrief and share all testing data with your team. From here, you can do the below:
- Edit screens and steps
- Link Objects
- Annotate screens
- Playback recording
- Submit defects
- Create test cases in qTest Manager
- Export data
- Generate automated Test Scripts
Edit Screens and Steps
- Add Screens
- Edit Screens
- Edit Test Steps
- Watch Video Recording
Linking objects is a great way to show test coverage for test cases, requirements, test runs, and defects from qTest Manager. Below is an example on how to link you test session to a requirement.
Link Requirements dialog will be shown for you to browse or search for requirements that are associated with the current project.
The system will show a dialog for you to confirm the action, select OK to unlink the selected requirements.
View in qTest Manager
Now that you have linked your objects, you can see each session in qTest Manager. In this example, we linked our session to multiple requirements.
Once I click on the requirement in qTest Manager, I can see a link back to my test session under the resource tab.
Attach Files to Session
To attach files to current editing session, you can do one of the following:
- Drag files from your local machine to Attachments group OR
- Click on 'click here to pick from a folder' link in Attachments group
During you explorer test session, you probably logged a few notes using Desktop or Web Explorer. However, now that you have completed your test session, there might be more annotations that need to be added.
Using the annotation toolbar, you can mark up previously captured screen in order to communicate more details during your debrief time.
- Basic shapes: use this tool to draw a Rectangle or Ellipse to the screenshot
- Callouts: use this tool to draw various kinds of callouts to the screenshot
- Lines: this tool allows you to select a Pencil or Arrow to draw to the screenshot
- Blur: allows you to blur sensitive information to the screenshot
- Crop: allows you to crop the screenshot
- Text: use this tool to add text to the screenshot
- Select border color: use this tool to change the border color of shapes, callouts, lines, etc.
- Select border size: use this tool to change border size of shapes, callouts, lines, etc.
- Background color: use this tool to change background of shapes or callouts
- Select text color: use this tool to select text color for text tool or text inside callouts
- Select font: use this tool to select font name for text tool or text inside callouts
- Select font size: use this tool to apply font size for text tool or text inside callouts
Playback is a fun way to watch your test session through a movie experience. This helps testers explain what they found to their teams, while the video plays automatically.
- Select playback
- View timeline
- Control timeline
- Time line actions
For more information on how to submit new defects from the Sessions Module, see here.
Submit Test Cases
For more information on how to submit new test cases from the Sessions Module, see here.
All data will be stored in the Sessions Module; however, you can download your data locally in different file formats.
- Select screens
- Click export
- Select file output
Generate Automated Test Scripts
Click here to learn more about generating automated test scripts.