Dashboards feature helps you consolidate and arrange metrics on a single screen while providing you with a broad view of a variety of information at once.
Select Dashboard menu and click Shared or Personal Dashboard to open it.
Shared and Personal Dashboards
Shared dashboards can be seen by all qTest Administrators who have Insights View privilege, and can be edited by ones who have Insights Editor privilege.
Personal dashboards are your own space, only you can see and edit your dashboard.
- By clicking the filter icon , you can multi-select values for the Projects, Test Cycles, Modules, and Release for building report. Any changed criteria will affect to the whole dashboard.
- Note: All the settings in those filters are saved individually for each user (in cookies) so if one user changes the filter settings (to a Project they care about for example), this does not change the filter settings for other users. This allows a user can have their own current settings on the Shared or the Personal Dashboard.
- You can set a global value to automatically refresh data at your expected interval (every 30, 60, 90 or 120 seconds)
or click the Refresh Now button to intermediately reload reports with latest data.
Add Panels to Dashboard
Panels are charts, graphs, grids and other reporting widgets that can be added to shared and personal dashboards.
Add Pre-built Panels
To add a panel to dashboard, click gear icon of the tab and select Add Panels.
- In Add Panels window, there are many pre-built reports.
- You can search for a panel and add it to your personal or shared dashboard.
Add Custom Built Panels
You can build a custom report, and create a new custom panel based on that report. Refer to the article Custom Reports on how to build a custom report.
Once the panel is added, it will be automatically grouped into its relevant Gallery. There are four Galleries representing four objects from which you're creating your custom reports: Requirements, Test Cases, Test Runs, Defects.
- Select a Gallery to quickly find your panel
- Click Add button to add your panel to the Dashboard
- Click Delete from List button to remove the panel from Panels List
Arrange Dashboard Layout
Panels are charts, graphs, grids and other reporting widgets that can added to shared and personal dashboards.
Drag and Drop Panels
You can customize the dashboard by rearranging (drag & drop) panels, by adding or removing them, and by renaming them.
Group Panels in Tabs
Collections of panels can also be arranged in tabs within the dashboard. Click the gear icon to rename the tab, remove it from dashboard, or change the layout.
Select Change Layout from the configure options of the tab. In the tab layout popup, you can then chose how to layout the dashboard panels.
- Free-form: your selected panels will be displayed overlapping each other, then you can freely drag & drop, resize the panels.
- Pre-defined Layout: quickly choose a layout that fits your number of panels and they will be arranged accordingly.