If you want to deploy qTest Sessions 3.0.9 and qTest Manager 8.4.4 on the same machine from scratch, check out the section "Install qTest Manager and its additional applications" in this article.
In this article, we'll run you through installing qTest Sessions 3.0.9 on a separate CentOS/ Ubuntu machine using Docker and then connect it to qTest Manager 8.4.4 which is installed on a different machine.
Before you begin
Before you install qTest Sessions 3.0.9, make sure following things are done:
- qTest Manager 8.4.4 has been deployed using Docker (in a separated machine)
- Your machine needs to satisfy qTest's recommended hardware requirement
- Docker 17.03 has been installed. Follow these instructions to install Docker on your machine
- For CentOS, you need to follow additional instructions to adjust Docker Storage Driver from overlay to devicemapper.
- For CentOS 7.X+ or Ubuntu 16.10 machines: Docker requires a 64-bit installation and your kernel must be at least 3.10
Install qTest Sessions 3.0.9
1. Download docker-deloyment-4.0 package
$ wget https://qtest-storage.s3.amazonaws.com/docker/deployment/docker-deployment-4.0.tar.gz
2. Extract the package and access the docker-deployment-4.0 directory
$ tar -zxf docker-deployment-4.0.tar.gz
$ cd /docker-deployment-4.0
3. Configure before deploying
Run the ./configure command to deploy the package.
The command has to include URL & port of qTest Sessions
- If you want to deploy qTest Sessions with HTTP, go to step 3.1, ignore 3.2
- If you want to deploy qTest Sessions with HTTPS, go to step 3.2
3.1 Configure to deploy HTTP
$ ./configure --sessions-url "http://<IP of current machine>:<sessions port>" --sessions-http "<sessions port>"
3.2 Configure to deploy HTTPS
$ ./configure --ssl-key "<SSL Key>" --ssl-cert "<SSL Cert>" --ssl-ca "<SSL Ca>" --sessions-url "https://<IP of current machine>:<sessions https port>" --sessions-https "<sessions https port>"
4. Start the deployment process
The script will download the application images to the Docker. It may take couple of hours depending on your network connection.
Once the installation is complete, access to qTest Manager via your browser and setup for qTest Sessions.
Configure qTest Sessions
Now you need to specify the qTest Manager to which your qTest Sessions want to communicate. Follow these steps:
Access the link http://[IP of current machine]:[sessions port]/setup to open the admin page
- Specify qTest Manager's URL in qTest Account/Url field
- Specify Master Token. You can get Master Token from the section API/SDK of qTest Manager's Resource page, as below screenshot:
- Specify Login account for the Sessions admin page
- Click Connect button
Configure qTest Manager
Login to qTest Manager using administrator account then access to Administration page.
Under System Configuration page, scroll to section MISCELLANEOUS and enter qTest URL into the field qTest server's Domain.
Under System Configuration page, scroll to section QTEST EXPLORER | SESSIONS and enter Sessions URL. Test Connection and save the configuration.
That's it! You now can access qTest Sessions via its option in 9box icon