In this guide we'll run you through installing qTest Parameters 1.1 on a separated CentOS/ Ubuntu machine using Docker.
If you want to deploy qTest Parameters on the same machine with qTest Manager, check out this article: Install Manager 8.4.4 and its components on Docker.
Before you begin
Before you install qTest Parameters 1.1, make sure following things are done:
- qTest Manager 8.4.4 has been deployed using Docker (in a separated machine)
- Your machine needs to satisfy qTest's recommended hardware requirements
- Docker 17.03 has been installed. Follow these instructions to install Docker on your machine
- For CentOS, you need to follow additional instructions to adjust Docker Storage Driver from overlay to devicemapper.
- For CentOS 7.X+ or Ubuntu 16.10 machines: Docker requires a 64-bit installation and your kernel must be at least 3.10
Install qTest Parameters 1.1
1. Download docker-deloyment-4.0 package
2. Extract the package and access the docker-deployment-4.0 directory
$ tar -zxf docker-deployment-4.0.tar.gz
$ cd /docker-deployment-4.0
3. Configure before deploying
Access to the directory where you've extracted the docker-deployment-4.0, and run the ./configure command to deploy the package.
The command has to include URL & port of qTest Parameters
- If you want to deploy qTest Parameter with HTTP, go to step 3.1, ignore 3.2
- If you want to deploy qTest Parameter with HTTPS, go to step 3.2
3.1 Configure to deploy HTTP
$ ./configure --parameters-url "http://<IP of current machine>:<parameters port>" --parameters-http "<parameters port>"
3.2 Configure to deploy HTTPS
$ ./configure --ssl-key "<SSL Key>" --ssl-cert "<SSL Cert>" --ssl-ca "<SSL Ca>" --parameters-url "https://<IP of current machine>:<parameters https port>" --parameters-https "<parameters https port>"
4. Start the deployment process
The script will download the application images to the Docker. It may take couple of hours depending on your network connection.
Once the installation is complete, access to qTest Manager via your browser and setup for qTest Parameters.
Set up qTest Parameters
Access your Administration page
Under System Configuration page, scroll to Parameters section and enter Parameters URL. Test Connection and save the configuration.
Scroll to section MISCELLANEOUS and enter qTest URL into the field qTest server's Domain.
That's it! You now can access qTest Parameters via its option in 9box icon